Hey guys, it’s your girl Adrian M White aka Brand with AMW and I’m here today for another weekly Brand & Convert Chat and Chew. This is your chance to take a quick snack or lunch break and learn about all things branding and web design with a marketing spin.
Follow me @brandwithamw on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and if you’re a female entrepreneur join our Facebook Community, Brand & Convert with Adrian M White for more conversation on how to grow a six-figure business. Link in the description box.
Make sure you Subscribe to the channel and turn on notifications for new videos and of course show some love by liking and commenting on the video.
So let’s get into today’s topic which is about improving your SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
If you have a business website one thing that is probably important to you (or should be) is showing up on Google. Everyone wants to be on the first page of Google. Obviously, you could pay for Google Ads but those can get pricey, and most new small businesses don’t have the budget for that. Plus, if you are anything like me, I usually skip those links quickly and scroll down to the non-paid results because I know the content will be the most relatable to what I am searching for.
There are strategies you can follow organically, which means without paying, increasing your SEO. Let me take a step back though and first define SEO for you.
Moz.com defines Search Engine Optimization, as the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
To understand the true meaning of SEO, let’s break that definition down and look at the parts:
- Quality of traffic. You can attract all the visitors in the world, but if they’re coming to your site because Google tells them you’re a resource for Apple computers when really you’re a farmer selling apples, that is not quality traffic. Instead, you want to attract visitors who are genuinely interested in the products that you offer.
- Quantity of traffic. Once you have the right people clicking through from those search engine results pages, more traffic is better.
- Organic results. Ads make up a significant portion of many search engine results pages. Organic traffic is any traffic that you don’t have to pay for.
Here are 5 strategies to improve your website’s SEO
1. Build an SEO-friendly site – when you are creating your site you want to do some keyword research beforehand. Use tools like Google Keyword Planner to look into what relatable keywords are being searched. Use the popular ones that relate to your business in your domain name, like page titles and descriptions.
2. Content is key – The content on your website should include your targeted keywords in it.
3. Submit to Google for indexing – Speed up the amount of time it will take for Google to list you in their index by signing up for the Google Search Console
4. Create consistent indexable content – blogging is a great way to provide consistent content with targeted keywords to continue building your SEO
5. Links are still important, if you can get other websites to link to your site that can also help with building rankings.
If you need help with improving your website’s SEO feel free to book a Complimentary Brand Strategy session with me at www.uniquebrandsthatconvert.com.
That’s it for today. Comment below with any questions and don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at Brandwithamw for more entrepreneur advice and a look into my everyday life.
Wishing you much success and good juju.